Ir al contenido principal

Destacados

What is the difference in the fantasy of playing different strategy games?

The title of the post is a bit loaded so let me try and explain what I mean. Like many others, I have grown up playing a lot of different genres of games, but my only contact with RTS was Warcraft 3 and the custom maps in there. Since I played it a lot as a kid, it was always engrained in my mind that I am just bad at those types of games and I never really explored them as I grew up. I did play a bit of Total War, a bit of CIV, but never really stuck with anything cause I just assumed I couldn't engage with it. For some reason lately I decided that I want to experience those games cause I know that they have a big following, hence I assume they are good, since they are not easy to get into. So instead of discussing the minutia like the difference between 4X and grand strategy etc, I would like to ask people who play modern strategy games (Stellaris, Total War: Warhammer 2, CIV 6, whatever comes to mind), what is the FANTASY of playing your game? What prompts you to turn it on? For example - one of my favorite games ever is Quake Live/Quake Champions, and the fantasy of playing quake is going through the map incredibly fast, dominating people through sick weapon combos and being engaged in every second of the match. Fantasy of Devil May Cry is playing an incredibly difficult game (well, once you get into high difficulties), but being able to overcome it and look fucking amazing doing it, entering that flow state of mind and being able to express yourself through creating a fighting style unique to you. So, strategy gamers - what draws you to your favorite game? submitted by /u/Stefan474 [link] [comments]
http://dlvr.it/SG5G2P

Comentarios

Entradas populares